An impressive looking decorative dish that's so simple, quick and delectable. No cooking required!
Submitted by Dai-Wen, one of our customers and amazing cook.
This cold tofu dish is super easy, refreshing and simple to make and what's best? Absolutely no cooking required! It's an impressive cold appetiser to serve and can also be enjoyed on its own with rice.
- Silken tofu - 1 tray
Century egg - 1, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- Tomato - 1/2, sliced thinly
- Cucumber - 1/2, sliced lengthways
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped roughly
- Green onion - 1 stalk, sliced
- Fried onion
- Sesame seeds
- Pork floss
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Oyster sauce - 1 tsp
- Mirin - 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce - 1/4 tsp
- Best served cold, drain the tofu from the tray, keep as a whole and flip onto a rimmed serving plate.
- Decorate the tofu with slices of tomato and century egg on the sides, and place the thinly sliced cucumber on top of the tofu (if using a lebanese cucumber, the length of half a cucumber should be around the width of the silken tofu).
- Make the sauce by putting minced garlic into a heatproof bowl, and top with smoking hot neutral oil. Let it sizzle and sit for a minute before adding in the rest of the ingredients. Taste test, if you don't have mirin or if it's too salty, add in half a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of water to loosen up the sauce. Option is to use steam fish soy sauce instead of the normal soy.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu x cucumber x tomato and century egg. Top with chopped up coriander, green onion, toasted sesame seeds, fried onion and a generous portion of pork floss.
Decorate the tofu.
Enjoy and tell us what you think! xx
Tried this recipe?
Mention @seasonsfruitmarket on instagram 😊