Check out this Jicama & Mushroom Wonton Recipe written for us by hatted chef Patrick Friesen using Season's fresh Asian produce.
Jicama is also known as yam bean and has a lovely crunchy texture to it. You really can’t go wrong when you cook that with fresh mixed mushrooms, garlic chives and fragrant fresh green garlic then wrap them in wonton skins. And of course dousing with lots of Patrick's homemade chilli oil...Y U M!Get all the ingredients, recipe plus a whole jar of Kowloon Chilli Co Chilli Oil in Patrick Friesen's Jicama & Mushroom Wonton DIY Cook Kit.
- 1 pack 250gm mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bunch garlic chives, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of green garlic, diced
- 1 small jicama (yam bean), diced
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- Ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- Egg wrappers
- Cooking oil
1. Stir fry all the ingredients (mushrooms, garlic chives, green garlic, jicama and ginger) until dry.
2. Season with 1 tbsp oyster sauce (or mush oyster sauce) a pinch of sugar and half a pinch of salt. If the mix is wet mix 1 tsp corn flour with 1 tsp water and add to the cooked mushrooms and bring to the boil.
3. Wrap in your favourite wonton wrappers.
4. Gently boil until they float for 30 seconds.
5. Douse liberally with @kowloonchillico chilli oil and enjoy!